LAS VEGAS — (July 12, 2016) — Costa di Mare, the signature Italian restaurant at Wynn Las Vegas, has introduced an all new program to showcase seafood that is hard to find in the United States. The new initiative will bring a variety of exotic species to the restaurant that are typically only available along the Italian coastline. Executive Chef Mark LoRusso’s relationships with local fishermen have allowed him to identify species that are rarely found outside of the Mediterranean coastline in order to introduce guests of the restaurant to more adventurous fare.
Costa di Mare sources up to three weekly shipments of 220 pounds of fish that are hand selected by Wynn’s dedicated seafood purveyor in Italy. On each visit, guests can expect dishes featuring seafood selections from various ports of call on the Italian coastline. Every new shipment is a seasonal treasure showcasing the diverse and enticing offerings of seafood for guests to explore.
Examples of the exceptional selection of seafood include:
- Tuscan Sea Palamita: A relative of the tuna and mackerel, the silky mouthfeel of this fish is prepared raw as carpaccio with artichokes and a drizzle of gremolata or poached with olive oil to create a delicate tonnato sauce for beef tartare.
- Cicala di Mare: This big, flat, prehistoric lobster is even more refined than the everyday lobster as it lives exclusively in pristine waters. Guests can enjoy it grilled whole over charcoal or prepared over pasta with tomato and garlic.
- Mantis Shrimp: The sweetest of all sea crustaceans, this serves as a popular first course simply grilled and served with lemon and parsley.
- Mormora: A lesser known fish with a moist flesh that, when roasted whole with olive oil and white wine, provides the essence of rustic simplicity.
- Centrolofo: Playing a starring role in the restaurant’s signature appetizer frittura di paranza Mediterranea, this assortment of Mediterranean fish evokes nostalgia of the exquisite Italian coastline. The frittura features a spectacular antipasto of fried Mediterranean fish, crispy artichoke and pickled lemon.
- Costardelle: A bluefish traditional to Messina in Sicily, which is usually served fried.
Menu items are subject to availability and seasonality. Costa di Mare is open for dinner service nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and is located on the Wynn Esplanade. For reservations, please call 702-770-DINE.
The Forbes Travel Guide Four Star award-winning restaurant showcases a menu created nightly by chef Mark LoRusso, voted “Best Chef” in Las Vegas by the Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association. Featuring fresh Mediterranean seafood, house-made pastas and over forty varieties of fresh fish and shellfish flown in daily, guests can expect an unforgettable evening complete with a view overlooking a serene lagoon.